Monday, January 19, 2009

January Notes


The Oklahoma City Winter Show was a week ago. My quilt Reflections won a first place, and my red jacket Ladybug won a first place in the garment category. I have a quilt named Under the Sea II that took an honorable mention in an embroidery category. I was really excited. It was a really nice show, I had not attended before. I have attached a picture of the red jacket.


Next week I am going to Quilting in the Desert in Phoenix. I will be taking a class with Melinda Bula and a class on Fabric Painting with dyes, this class will be taught by Sharon Schamber.

2 comments:

Denny1600 said...

Debbie

Your quilts and jacket are wonderful! I will be at QID, too. I took Sharon Schamber's painting class before. It was fun, but make sure you quiz her on how to finish it when you get home. How to rinse it out and the water temp. Important stuff that Sharon may gloss over because it's second nature to her.
I'm taking Melinda Bula's fusible flowers class. Are you taking her multi-day class?

I'll keep an eye out for you at QID.

Denny

Debbie said...

Hi Denny
Yes I am taking the multi-day class at QID.
Thanks for the advice on Sharon's class.
See you at QID.

Debbie